The NACBS STERN GRANT is intended to provide financial assistance for graduate students who attend the annual NACBS meeting. Recipients may receive up to $500 in reimbursement for travel, lodging, and registration costs incurred as a result of attendance.
Guidelines for applicants:
- You must be a graduate student in good standing at a Ph.D.-granting degree program in British studies and a member of the NACBS.
- You must provide a justification for your attendance at the annual meeting and a budget of expenses.
- Y our faculty advisor, who also must be a member of the NACBS, is required to submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
Procedures for application:
- Please submit your request for funds by email to each of the committee members under the subject line: Stern Grant Application.
- Your request should include the following information: your name, postal address, email address, and telephone number; the Ph.D. program in which you are enrolled; the name of your faculty advisor; your purpose in attending the NACBS meeting; an estimated budget of expenses.
- In addition, request that your faculty advisor send a letter of recommendation to the committee by email, again with the subject line: Stern Grant Application.
Preference will be given to applicants who are panelists on the NACBS program and/or are award recipients. Awardees must submit to the committee chair all receipts for reimbursement within one month of the end of the annual meeting.
Application deadline: September 30, 2014
Applications and letters of recommendation must be emailed to:
Chair: Dr. Robert Ingram
Department of History
Bentley Annex 415
Athens, OH 45701 USA