For Books In Irish Studies
Call For Nominations
Deadline for Nominations January 7, 2013
Winners Announced at ACIS National Meeting,
Chicago, IL, April 10-13, 2013
- The James S. Donnelly, Sr. Prize for Books on History and Social Sciences
- Duais Leabhar Taighde na Bliana Fhoras na Gaeilge/The ACIS Award for Books in the Irish Language
- The Michael J. Durkan Prize for Books on Language and Culture
- The Donald Murphy Prize for Distinguished First Book
- The Robert Rhodes Prize for Books on Literature
- The Adele Dalsimer Prize for a Distinguished Dissertation
All books submitted for these awards must have a publication date of 2012. All dissertations must have been defended in 2012. Anyone, including the author, may submit books for consideration. ACIS members may nominate a book by contacting the relevant committee chair, who will then contact the publisher. Edited collections, fiction, poetry, and anthologies of literature are not eligible.
Dissertations nominated for the Dalsimer Prize may be submitted to the committee electronically as .pdf files.
Copies of the books nominated must be received by each of the members of the appropriate committee (listed below) by January 7, 2013.
No book may compete for more than one of the three disciplinary prizes (Donnelly, Durkan, Rhodes), but an author's first scholarly monograph (or collection of original essays) may be submitted to the Murphy prize committee in addition to one of the three disciplinary committees. Authors may contact the committee chair to determine whether their book has been submitted for a prize. Prize chairs may choose to reassign entered works. Please do not send copies of books to ACIS officers. For more information contact the Chair of the Book Prize Committee, Professor Mary Trotter (email@example.com) and/or the relevant book prize committee chair (see below).